I wish I was dreaming... oh wait, I am.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

In my dream last night, I was in Italy. I didn't speak Italian, but that was okay with me. I had already been there for a few weeks and I had explored the inner city thoroughly. (I was living in a small city, without the huge monuments and skyscrapers and monolithing structures. Everything was only a story or two stories high, but the town was laid out in a circle, and there were lots of parks and most of the roads were separated with long patches of grass down the center. That's where we walked.) The second half of my time there was split into two to three day segments where people I know would be visiting me, the idea being that I show them around the places I knew from the previous weeks, travel. At this particular portion of my trip, I was being visited by my brother Andrew and a female friend of his (I don't know who she is in real life.) They weren't going out, but were just friends. Instead of taking them to my favorite places in town, I started walking with them straight down a road, so that we could explore the city outside of it's center. It was very peaceful, but Andrew wanted more action, so he left our company for periods of time while his friend and I strolled down the road. We would stop to look at paintings and old buildings and shops, and he would come back flustered. He asked to talk to his friend privately but his tone was anything but private. He accused her of not really being his friend and trying to get to close to me. She just told him that she liked what I was doing better than what Andrew was looking for. She felt relaxed liked a vacation should be. I don't remember much else, except that I was barefoot holding my sandals (I don't even wear sandals in real life, and I hardly ever walk around barefoot outside my apartment.) and that they made up before the end of my dream and the three of us had a great time strolling the outskirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home