I wish I was dreaming... oh wait, I am.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Last night I dreamed I was coordinating a wedding for my friends Evan and Sara Thompson. This is silly because they are already married (in real life). What makes this sillier is that the groomsmen were all supposed to be wearing fake mustaches becasue Evan has a real one (he didn't have a beard, just a mustache (I like parenthesis)). Anyway, it was my job to make sure everyone got the where they needed to be. The problem, however, wasn't that the church they were getting married in was huge and built like a maze, nor was it that no one had been there before execpt me and the groomsmen didn't all know about the fake moustaches. The problem was that I, who was to explain everything to everybody, including convinceing each of the groomsmen to wear the fake moustaches, was losing my voice and no one could understand a word I was saying. And we were running out of time.

I had another dream last night where I was meeting in a lean to with the leader of my tribe and the leader of another tribe. It was a different world than the one we live in today. We wore furs and spoke in different languages without the internet to translate for us. Starbuks, also, did not exist. It was a sleepier time. Oh, and the Starbuks that did not exist didn't have a "c" in its name... apparently. Anyway, I was brought along with my tribe leader because of my feelings. (Not feelings like happy or sad, but useful feelings like a premonition of danger.) On this occasion, I felt that we were being listened to. I hear the trible leaders voices through the ears of someone else. I could tell because they seemed a little farther away and around a corner. I closed my eyes and saw the roof of the lean to that we were in. I stepped quietly and quickly to the edge, jumped up, and grabbed the spy. It was a little girl of about ten. She was blond and skinny and shivering in the fear of being caught. My tribe leader was furious, of course, and called off the rest of the meeting. We found the family to which the girl belonged and her father knelt in front of my tribe leader. He pleaded for the life of his daughter. (The custom of our land was to kill spys. That kind of lying and cheating was not tolerated and my leader was furious that someone would tell their child to do that (especially if he or she knew the consequences)) My tribe leader didn't want to kill a ten year old girl, yet he did not want to appear soft. He told that man that he didn't deserve to be a father, so he would lose his daughter. My tribe leader said that he would have her as his daughter instead. Then the cat of the little girl, who I never noticed until now, hissed at the now daughterless father and walked from his camp to our tribe (who was there to witness the event). We left the man and his daughter came with us, and she was obedient and happy to be with us. (We must have been giving her a bettler life than she had with her biological parents.) I was entrusted with taking care of her needs and after a few days, the tribe leader came to me and asked if I would like to be her father instead of him. He had placed me in charge of her because he was very busy and couldn't see to her himself. He noticed that I did a good job and thought it would be more appropiate if she was my responsibility legally instead of just in practice. Before I could answer, I woke up.

The second dream was reall shorter than the first, but needed more explanation. The first was mostly me running around looking for people and trying to talk. Not as much to say about it now as there was when it was happening and I couldn't anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home